This pear salad is a combination of heat and sweet (my new favorite flavor combo). I love grilled fruit! The sweet of the pears works perfectly with the tart lemons and the little bit of heat from the cayenne pepper. Try it!Print
Grilled Pear Salad
- 3 T lemon juice
- 3 T honey
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 T vegetable oil, plus additional for brushing pears
- 3 pears
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 4 oz julienned proscuitto
- 1/2 C walnuts
- 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper from the mill to taste
- Whisk the lemon juice and honey in a small bowl
- Add the vegetable oil slowly, whisking constantly until it is emulsified
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, core and half the pears
- Brush with vegetable oil
- Grill the pears until soft with nice grill marks, then slice into smaller pieces
- Toss the greens with the pears, walnuts, proscuitto and Parmesan cheese
- Add enough dressing to moisten the salad and toss again
- Serve with the rest of the dressing
If there is a small person lurking around your kitchen you could ask him or her to brush the pears
I had mine with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and a grilled chicken breast
Adapted from Ruhlman’s 20…
Looks so yummy! And grilling pears! What a novel idea!
I make this salad but have never grilled the pears. My grandchildren all love pears, so it’s usually a hit.
Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella says
This salad has so many of my favourite things in it from pears to prosciutto and cheese! 🙂
Yum. There’s a restaurant around here that serves something similar, but with candied walnuts, grilled chicken for protein, and gorgonzola in place of Parmesan.
Really must try grilled pears!
Axelle the french cook says
Whao ! I’m sure this is a great combination to try really really soon !! Maybe this week end 😉
this looks scrumptious :3 saving it for when summer comes along!
Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) says
I think this salad sounds fantastic, and yes, love the heat/sweet thing going on. I now have two grilled pear salads bookmarked to try. And this one will come first. I also just read your post about horse meat. Too upsetting to talk about. I saw a special one time about a place down in Texas that kills horses to ship overseas. horrid.
Splendid Little Stars says
I’m going to grill some pears for a salad! can’t wait!
debra@ HOMESPUN says
OH this sounds really good / I think I WILL try it !
Looks like a wonderful salad and I’m sure that helper made it taste even better. I love pears and walnuts in salad but haven’t tried grilling them… maybe this spring!
This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it. I am wondering where you are? I am in Longmont, CO. Just discovered your blog and love your site and photos!!
Rocky Mountain Woman says
I am in the Park City area…
Thanks for coming by!