Dutch Baby Pear Pancake! It doesn’t get much better than this.
When my grandson spends the night he asks me to make a Dutch Baby for breakfast before we even have dinner the night before. He doesn’t like me to mess with them too much, a plain old Dutch Baby is his very favorite breakfast. He does like them with bacon Maple Glazed Dutch Baby. and now we’ve added another acceptable version of Dutch Baby to our repertoire with this recipe. It’s dreamy and easy peasy, everything you could possibly want at 9 o’clock on a Saturday morning while you are watching cartoons with one of your favorite people!
Pear Dutch Baby
- 3 pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- powdered sugar for topping
- Saute the pear slices in the butter in a 10″ cast iron skillet for a few minutes until the pan heats up and the pears soften
- Adding the milk and eggs first, put all ingredients except the powdered sugar in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour on top of pears and place immediately in a preheated 425 degree oven
- Bake for 20 or 25 minutes until it puffs up and turns golden
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Make it next time your grandkids are staying over or make it just for you, just make sure you try it soon.