This is rich and creamy, sharp and sweet, the perfect thing for a buffet table!Print
Spicy Three Cheese Spread
- 6 oz Swiss Cheese
- 6 oz Sharp Orange Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz Creamy Blue Cheese
- 6 T unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 C port
- 4 t Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t Tabasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Cut the Swiss and Cheddar cheeses into cubes, crumble the blue cheese
- In a food processor, combine the 3 cheeses, butter, Port, mustard, hot-pepper sauce, 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper
- Process, stopping several times to scrape the bowl
- Stir in the green onions and more salt and pepper if desired
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours to develop the flavor
Recipe from Williams Sonoma
artmusedog and carol says
What yummy recipes you have! Quite good!
Happy Weekend coming to you,
artmusedog and carol
EG CameraGirl says
Sounds like an incredibly delcicious combination of flavours!
That sounds like something I made often and haven’t made for a long time. You’ve got me wanting some now!
ALways a great recipe idea a new dip or spread! Thanks for this share. You always share the best. Have a good wekeend, goodness it is coming up quickly.
Granny Annie says
Oh gee that looks delicious.
Laurie Kazmierczak says
Oh good…I was looking for something to share at my Bunco…this sounds perfect♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/plane-views/
Eden Hills says
Oh, this sounds divine!
I’m afraid you lost me with the blue cheese. I have a thing about blue cheese. 🙂
Thank you very much for these delicious desserts!
Su-sieee! Mac says
All I need is butter, swiss cheese, and crackers, and I can do this. Yummmmm! Thanks for the recipe.
The View from the Top of the Ladder
Eden Hills says
That looks yummy!