It’s asparagus time! Yay! I love this time of year, not only because of the asparagus, but because it’s the beginning of all things summer. Winters are long and hard here, but summers are magical! Eating outside on the deck, cool summer breezes after a hot day, all of the vegetables and TOMATOES! sigh.
Here’s the first recipe of the summer for your cooking enjoyment:
- 1 lb of asparagus
- 2 t of champagne vinegar
- 1 t dijon country mustard - the grainy kind
- ¼ t salt
- few grinds from the pepper shaker
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- Blanch the asparagus in a large pot of very salty water for 10 minutes or so
- Whisk the mustard and vinegar together
- Add the oil slowly, whisking constantly
- Drizzle a bit of the dressing over the asparagus to taste
- If you have leftover dressing, it will keep refrigerated for a week or so
- Salt and pepper to taste
I’m having so much fun with all of the bright summer vegetables! What are you cooking this summer?