I am not sick of asparagus! I will never be sick of asparagus! I have, however, eaten it at least three times a week this summer and it may be time for a little tweak in the way I cook it. This is my lastest tweak and it’s pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
- 1 lb of asparagus
- 2 t of champagne vinegar
- 1 t dijon country mustard - the grainy kind
- ¼ t salt
- few grinds from the pepper shaker
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- Blanch the asparagus in a large pot of very salty water for 10 minutes or so
- Whisk the mustard and vinegar together
- Add the oil slowly, whisking constantly
- Drizzle a bit of the dressing over the asparagus to taste
- If you have leftover dressing, it will keep refrigerated for a week or so
- Salt and pepper to taste
I’m having so much fun with all of the bright summer vegetables! What are you cooking this summer?