Make these marinated vegetables on a Sunday and have a few days of the perfect side dish for busy workday dinners just waiting in your refrigerator. They are so simple and so tasty you might just want to have them for dinner with a glass of white wine and a piece of bread. They are good warm or at room temperature.
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 T champagne vinegar
- 1 t Dijon mustard – country style with grains of mustard
- pinch of salt
- a grind or two of pepper
- Steam all the vegetables together in a large pot for about 10 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork and drain
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together
- Slowly add the oil, while whisking to help it emulsify a bit
- Add just enough dressing to the vegetables to flavor them.
- Save the rest of the dressing in the refrigerator for adding during the week if the vegetables dry out a bit.