Make these marinated vegetables on Sunday and have a few days of the perfect side dish for busy workday dinners just waiting in your refrigerator.
I can’t get enough of summer vegetables. It’s my favorite time of the year to cook, but I still have to work everyday and it’s been pretty hot here. Last Sunday, I made a big batch of these vegetables and I’m just going to grill something simple to go with them all week. Easy Peasy.
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 T champagne vinegar
- 1 t Dijon mustard - country style with grains of mustard
- pinch of salt
- a grind or two of pepper
- Steam all the vegetables together in a large pot for about 10 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork and drain
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together
- Slowly add the oil, while whisking to help it emulsify a bit
- Add just enough dressing to the vegetables to flavor them.
- Save the rest of the dressing in the refrigerator for adding during the week if the vegetables dry out a bit.