A friend gave me this recipe a long time ago. I make it a lot when I entertain because it’s easy and can be easily doubled or tripled. Leftovers are a bonus. It’s great heated up for lunch the next day.
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- 1 8 oz package of button mushrooms
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- small jar of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 large round of brie
- 2 t minced garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- ¼ t salt
- pepper from the grinder
- Rinse the asparagus, cut off the large ends and chop into bite size pieces
- Clean and slice the mushrooms
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and asparagus in the olive oil
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper
- Remove the rind from the cheese and chop into small pieces (putting it in the freezer for a little while makes it easier to get the rind off)
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box
- Drain and put in a large dutch oven
- Add the vegetables and cheese, mixing it thoroughly
- Place over low heat, covered, stirring occasionally until the cheese melts
- Add additional salt and pepper, if desired
To make it a little heartier, I sometimes saute a few chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces in a skillet until cooked through and then add it to the pasta.
I had a glass of Pinot Noir with this and it was perfect!