It’s my opinion that nearly everything is better with bacon…
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 chopped shallot
- large bunch of spinach
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 T granulated sugar
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet for a few minutes
- Add the shallot and fry until bacon is a little crispy and shallots are soft
- Add the vinegar to the pan and scrape up any crunchy bits from the bottom
- Wash the spinach and shake off a bit
- Add to the pan and cover
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the spinach wilts, it only takes a few minutes
It’s pretty tart by itself, but I add another sprinkle of vinegar and salt, cause that’s how I roll.
My dad made this (without the shallot) a lot when I was young. It’s a great way to cook other tender greens also.