I came home last night to find that one of my friends had dumped 257 tomatoes on my front porch. I counted. After I brought them all in and put them on every single available surface in my kitchen, I got a little scared. What if they organized during the night and attacked me? It’s not like it hasn’t happened before….
So I figured I’d better eat as many as possible before the weekend, before they had time to well, you know…
Here’s one great way to get rid of a few.
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
- 2 small ripe tomatoes
- 2 slices of rustic type bread
- smear of mayonnaise
- 3 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- sprinkle of dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the bread with a little mayo on both sides
- Add tomatoes and liberally sprinkle with salt and pepper and basil[/url]
- add the mozzarella
- melt a little butter in a skillet and brown sandwich on both sides
This was so good that I ended up making another one and eating it (just to get a few more tomatoes out of the kitchen before dark).