I made this for my family over the Holiday and it was a big hit! It’s festive, pretty and tasty. I’m planning on making it again a few times before the end of the year because it has all of my favorite Holiday flavors in one bowl!
It would be wonderful on a Christmas buffet table.Print
Cider Cinnamon Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bags fresh cranberries
- Combine the apple cider, sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar
- Add the cranberries, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until most of the cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours
- Remove the cinnamon stick and stir before serving
I love this recipe because you can (and should) make it a few days ahead so it’s one less thing to worry about when you’re trying to get a big meal to come all together at the same time.
It’s another Williams Sonoma holiday recipe – they really have some great ideas on their site