I made this for my family over the Holiday and it was a big hit! It’s festive, pretty and tasty. I’m planning on making it again a few times before the end of the year because it has all of my favorite Holiday flavors in one bowl!
It would be wonderful on a Christmas buffet table.
Cider Cinnamon Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bags fresh cranberries
- Combine the apple cider, sugar, water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar
- Add the cranberries, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until most of the cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours
- Remove the cinnamon stick and stir before serving
I love this recipe because you can (and should) make it a few days ahead so it’s one less thing to worry about when you’re trying to get a big meal to come all together at the same time.
It’s another Williams Sonoma holiday recipe – they really have some great ideas on their site
This post is in honor of the letter “C” and part of Jenny Matlock’s Alphabet Thursday. For more curious “C” posts, please click here jennymatlock.blogspot.com/