This is my go to pasta salad when I cater. It’s super quick and simple to put together and everyone loves it! What more could you ask for?
I like my dressing a little heavier on the vinegar. If this is too much for you, just add more oil until it tastes balanced…
You can add more or less pasta, olives, pepperoncini, tomatoes, feta and onions to taste. Or add a little cucumber or some fresh tomatoes. It’s a pretty forgiving salad. This is just the basic recipe. Experiment!
- for the pasta:
- 2 lbs assorted pasta
- 1 can black olives, chopped
- 1 small jar pepperoncini, chopped
- 1 small jar sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small bricks feta cheese, crumbled
- for the dressing:
- ⅓ cup red wine or apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T dried oregano
- 1 t dried basil
- dash or two of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper from the mill
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box
- Drain and cool
- Add the rest of the pasta ingredients
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing thoroughly
- Add enough to the pasta to moisten it, reserving the rest to add later if the salad dries out
When I eat this at home, I usually open a bottle of Riesling or a crisp Sauvignon Blanc.