This is a great way to use up all those lovely jalapenos you’re growing this year. I have a ton of them! I try and freeze some, but they really are best fresh.
- about 20 jalapeno peppers
- 1 C flour
- ½ C ice water
- ½ C soda water
- 1 lb cream cheese
- salt and pepper from the mill
- frying oil
- Roast the peppers on a grill or in an oven until charred, then remove all the seeds and membranes and scrap off any skin that's peeling
- Stuff the peppers with cream cheese
- Mix the flour, water and soda water together until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste - the batter should be quite thin
- Dump the peppers in the batter and move them around until they are covered
- Deep fry at 350 degrees until brown and crunchy
- Drain on paper towels
These are soooooo goood!!!