These are the richest, crumbliest pecan shortbread cookies I’ve ever had.Print
Ina’s Pecan Shortbread
Crumbly, rich pecan shortbread cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 lb unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/ 1/2 cups of small diced pecan, toasted
- few tablespoons of sugar to sprinkle on the top of the cookies
- Toast the pecans on a baking sheet for 8 minutes at 350 degrees before chopping
- Mix together the butter and sugar until they are just combined
- Add the vanilla & almond extracts
- In another bowl sift together the flour and salt then add to the butter/sugar mixture
- Add the pecans and mix on low speed until the dough comes together
- Dump on to a floured surface and shape into a flat disk
- Cover with plastic wrap & chill for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into 2/12 inch squares
- Sprinkle with a little granulated sugar
- Bake 20 minutes or so, until the edges begin to brown slightly
One of my all-time favorite Ina recipes!
Arkansas Patti says
I could only make those for a pot luck. Otherwise, I might eat them all myself. Not known for my control.
Splendid Little Stars says
Oh! I’ll have to make these!
Alyce Morgan says
I’m guessing these are better than Pecan SAndies. I’ve made other shortbread Ina makes, but not THESE–which appear to be addictive. Perhaps with a spot of port very late at night:)
Sue Anderson says
Oh, my goodness. Those look scrumptious!
These don’t look like I should make them – I’d eat them all myself!
Why have I never made these? They look marvelous!
Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) says
Pinned! Got to try these cookies!
These could be dangerous – they look decadent and delicious!
Karen S. says
Not just good for us.