This is the perfect breakfast if you have a full day planned and may not be able to stop for lunch. When I eat this early in the morning, I don’t even think about lunch until 2 o’clock or so. Given the fact that I usually start thinking about lunch at 10:30, that’s saying something!
It’s also delicious and pretty easy to make, so you have no excuse to be hungry and cranky now, do you?
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small tomato
- ¼ C Italian bread crumbs
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ C finely grated pepper jack cheese
- Slice the tomato and dredge in bread crumbs
- Fry in olive oil on medium high heat until the slices get crispy and brown or even just a little blackened
- Poach the eggs
- Peel and slice the avocado and arrange on a plate
- Top with the tomatoes, eggs and cheese
This would probably feed two people if you were in the mood to share. That mood never seems to hit me, so I just eat the whole thing!
The egg yolk/avocado mixture is a marriage made in heaven