Soup? In May? Well, I believe in soup in May under any circumstances, but most assuredly under these circumstances:
If it snows in May, I should be able to eat soup in May. Especially a creamy bean soup that will put a spring in your step, even if spring has been delayed by a few weeks.
- 8 oz Great Northern Beans, picked over and soaked overnight
- 2 cups of water
- 5 oz package of "power greens".
- ½ cup diced ham
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Put the beans, water, ham and chicken broth in the Instant Pot
- Cook on the soup mode
- Let pressure come down naturally
- Add power greens and cook on saute, open lid for 10 minutes
- Add cream and cook another minute or two
This with a glass of wine and some nice homemade pumpernickel croutons helped make up for the whole snow in May situation going on outside.