Sometimes, no matter how much salmon/quinoa/tofu/healthy stuff I eat, I just intensely crave a big piece of rare, red in the middle, charred on the outside, flank steak.
This just speaks to my carnivorous soul in a way no amount of boneless skinless chicken breast can. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you? Sigh.
If you add a spoonful of bright, happy chimmichurri and a glass of merlot, I’m a pretty happy girl. Actually, I’m a REALLY happy girl!
- 1 large flank steak - about 1 or 2 lbs
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- 2½ T olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ t salt
- 1 shallot
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup parsley
- ¼ t salt
- few grinds of pepper
- juice of 1 small lime
- Mix the marinade and put it in a large plastic bag with the flank steak, shaking it a bit
- Refrigerate for 2 or 3 hours or overnight
- Take the steak out and let it sit for a half hour to an hour
- Grill on high heat for about 5 minutes on each side or to an internal temperature of 135 degrees
- Remove from the grill and let it rest
- Put the shallot, jalapeno, cilantro, parsley, salt, pepper and lime juice in a small food processor
- Process until it's thoroughly minced