Pancetta in the freezer is like money in the bank when it comes to whipping up a quick meal like this pasta. You can have this on the table in less than an hour and no one will complain.
It’s light, but still filling and the salty pancetta plays well with the peas. A generous sprinkle of shredded Parmesan takes the richness level up a notch. I bet if you try it, you’ll start keeping pancetta and peas in your freezer on a regular basis.
Pasta with Peas and Pancetta
- 1 lb package of pasta (any kind will do)
- 3 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 C diced pancetta
- 1 C frozen peas (fresh would work also if you have some)
- 1 T fresh thyme
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 C shredded Parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the oil and then fry the pancetta over medium high heat until it starts to crisp up a bit, about 5 – 10 minutes
- Add the peas, thyme and parsley
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the peas are cooked through
- Toss with the pasta and sprinkle the Parmesan on top