This is one of my favorite “pantry” meals and something I make often in various forms. This particular version is my family’s favorite. It’s easy to whip up on a weeknight and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand (I keep a package of pancetta in my freezer, along with frozen peas).
It’s light, but still filling and the salty pancetta plays well with the peas. A generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is just the icing on the cake! I bet if you try it, you’ll start keeping pancetta and peas in your freezer on a regular basis too!
- 1 lb package of pasta (any kind will do)
- 3 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 C diced pancetta
- 1 C frozen peas (fresh would work also if you have some)
- 1 T fresh thyme
- ¼ C chopped fresh parsley
- ½ C shredded Parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package
- In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the oil and then fry the pancetta over medium high heat until it starts to crisp up a bit, about 5 - 10 minutes
- Add the peas, thyme and parsley
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the peas are cooked through
- Toss with the pasta and sprinkle the Parmesan on top